I’m one of those people who gets sick really easily. Touching cold tile floor barefoot is one of them. Another, which happened two days ago, is sleeping with an AC on.
I have a sore throat in the early stages which means if I play my cards right I’ll be %100 tomorrow.
Obviously I’m no doctor but these are a few safe and easy things I do to help me get back on top of the weather. I do these in chronological order throughout the day.
- Allow yourself to sleep-in and wake up when your body feels like it’s ready.
- Throat-soothing tea: hot water, lemon juice, grate ginger root, add honey. Add sugar if you want it to be sweet.
- Cold foods hurt my throat more so for breakfast I stick with cooked food instead of cereal.
- Has to be a relaxed day but not a lazy day. Do an activity that will keep you busy but not tired.
- I avoid watching screens for too long because it begins to hurt my eyes. I don’t know what the science behind it is but it’s true for me at least.
- I think showering is optional (the cold floor can make me feel more sick) but at least change into clean clothes, whether it’s jeans or pajamas.
- Time to start slowing things down again. Maybe watch some TV or read.
- More tea!
- Warm milk can help you get a good night rest.
Things to do ALL DAY
- Eat oranges. A ton of oranges. At least one every hour. The vitamin c helps your immune system.
- Try to not talk as much as possible. Let your throat rest.
- Water! Lots of fluids. Hopefully you’ll pee out the sickness.
Like I said, I’m not a doctor. These are things I do when I’m early on in getting sick. I usually don’t go to the doctor because it cost a lot of money for them to tell me I have a sore throat and then prescribe some drugs.
But that’s just me, you can squeeze in a doctor’s visit somewhere in the morning.