Quick DIY Egg Tempera Sketch

So yesterday I wrote about experimenting with DIY Egg Tempera paint. It went pretty well.

I decided to make the three primary colors into paint to try it out even more. I made them last night and this morning they were dried.

The first time I reactivated the dried paint with water so I did the same with these.

The paint needed a good amount of water before it started releasing paint into the paintbrush. It was also the saturation was very pastel so I had to do two layers to make it pop.

I think I’m going to add some Gum Arabic from the store to see if it can help with the dryness and the saturation.

Another update soon to come.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s